There are differing process times for the VAT registration depending on the country. It can differ between 2 – 6 weeks. Please read this article for more info on the registration processing times.
MariaLast Updated on 1 November 2022
Once you have signed up for the hellotax services and you wish to get VAT registered in a specific country, our registration assistant will inform you what documents are required from you. The first steps will look as follows:
- You will be invited to a Welcome call with your personal Account Manager and your Registration Assistant, to go through the working procedures at hellotax and through the registration process.
- You will receive an email with the documents needed for your VAT registration with the Tax authorities. (If you need time to collect the necessary documents, your Registration Assistant will send you scheduled reminders and will be supporting you throughout the whole process.)
The documents can differ from country to country, but a basic set of required documents consists of the following:
- Passport copies (passport must be valid)
- VAT certificate from your home country (must be issued within the last 6 months)
- Official Company registration certificate (must be issued within the last 6 months)
- Official Company certificate confirming the current company directors (must be issued within the last 6 months)
- Company headed paper sample
- Business register extract confirming your companies validity
- Dependant upon company genre: Certificate of Incorporation / Article of Association
- Dependant upon company genre: Company House Certificate
- After you have provided all required documents for the VAT registration, our tax accountants will check the information. If everything is present and correct, your registration application and Letters of Authority (LOA’s) will be prepared. The LOA needs to be signed by you in order for us to be able to process the registration and later on, the VAT filings, for you.
- Depending on the country, either hellotax or yourself, will send the documents to the Tax Authorities. Your registration assistant will advise you at that time.
- VAT registration processing times vary by country, as mentioned previously. As this is completely dependent on the Tax authorities and their internal processes, we can’t guarantee any exact dates or processing times. However, we have tried to give you an approximate idea of the processing time in each country:
|Country||Approx. processing time|
|Czech Republic||8 weeks|
|United Kingdom||6-8 weeks|
The registration assistant will keep you up to date with your registration progress.
We would like to draw attention to the fact that the above mentioned times can be extended for non-EU companies due to extended checks and validation requirements.
Looking for more information about our services or not sure if you need VAT registration? Get all the information you need by contacting our dedicated sales team!