In this article we show you all you need to know about Amazon invoices. Where to find them, what the difference to receipts is, how to print them and what to do if it does not work.
Antonia KlattLast Updated on 3 September 2020
How to get an Invoice from Amazon?
a) Orders sold by marketplace sellers (not business sellers)
If you have no signed up to the Amazon VAT Calculation service (VCS), you have no downloadable VAT invoice option or a VAT-exclusive price on your product detail pages.
When buying an items from a non-VCS marketplace sellers, you need to contact the seller to request an invoice.
To request an invoice from a non-VCS marketplace seller:
- Go to Your Orders (and set the correct date range)
- Go to Invoice and then Request invoice from [seller name]
- Click on What can the seller help you with? and go to An order I placed
- Select the order for which you want to get an invoice
- Select Tell us more about your issue and click on Where’s my invoice?
- Here you can write a message to the seller
- Click on Send Email
NOTE: Only the requisitioner who purchased the item can request the invoice for that item.
b) Items sold by Amazon or business sellers
For items sold by Amazon, or by marketplace sellers designated business sellers, you can find a PDF invoice under Your Orders or Amazon Business Analytics.
How to print an Amazon Invoice ? (Your Orders)
If your items are sold by Amazon or in case you are a business seller, follow these steps to print your invoice:
- Log in to your Amazon account,
- Place the cursor over the Your Account menu and go to Your Orders
- Open the drop-down menu Past 6 Months by default to pick a year or use the search box
- Go to Invoice (beneath the order number)
- Depending on which seller you placed your order with, you can do one of the following:
- If you placed an order with Amazon, you should be able to print an invoice for your order. You will see an option to print invoice. You can also print an order summary by selecting Order summary.
- If you placed an order with a Marketplace seller enrolled in the Amazon tax calculation service, an invoice is available from Your Orders. Simply click on Print Invoice. You can also print an order summary by selecting Order summary. If you do not see the invoice in Your Orders, contact the seller directly to ask for one by selecting Request Invoice.
- On the invoice page, click Print this page for your Records
NOTE: You can print an invoice for your order in Your Account as soon as your order is shipped.
How to print an Amazon Invoice ? (Business Analytics)
Also business account Administrators, Requisitioners, and Finance users can download invoices in Business Analytocs. Group-level permissions determine who can download invoices.
- Log into your business account, then select Your Account for Business
- Select Business Analytics
- Select a report type and choose Get order documents or select relevant check boxes
- Select the orders you want and select Download from selected orders
NOTE: If you paid for an item using Pay by Invoice, you can find a PDF invoice under Your invoices for Pay by Invoice. Amazon also sends an invoice to the mail address you provided when setting up Pay by Invoice, and to the requisitioner who placed the order (unless you have disabled that option).
How to request an invoice for your Amazon Business orders
Request it as Requisitioner
Your order was sold and dispatched by Amazon: For orders paid for with an individual payment method and sold by Amazon.co.uk, you can find a printable version in Your Account.
You ordered digital products or services: Find a printable version in Your Account.
Your order was “Fulfilled By Amazon”: For VAT invoice of FBA Items, please contact the sellers directly.
Your order was sold and dispatched by a Marketplace Seller: If your order was sold and dispatched by a Marketplace seller, please get directly in touch with him as well.
Request it as Administrator
You can find a printable version of the invoice for all orders in Your Account for all order sold by Amazon.co.uk.
You need a VAT invoice for an item sold and dispatched by an FBA or Marketplace Seller? The requisitioner who placed the order has to contact the seller to ask for it!
Why Can’t I Print my Amazon Invoice?
Here you find a few reason why printing an invoice from Your Account might not work.
Amazon Global Store items
Items purchased from the Amazon Global Store do not include VAT because they are imported from outside your country. Import VAT and customs duty is paid as described in the Amazon Global Store terms and conditions.
If your order was a gift order, you cannot print an invoice from Your Account. If you need a VAT invoice for a gift order, contact Amazon and they will post one to you.
Itemised VAT invoices for gift cards can not be provided by Amazon. However, you can print an order summary for gift card orders from Your Orders.
Items sold under the margin scheme for second-hand goods
If your order is sold under the Margin Scheme for second-hand goods, you cannot print an invoice from Your Account. The solution here would also be to get in touch with Amazon and they will post one to you.
Orders are not dispatched
Amazon cannot provide a VAT invoice for an order until it is dispatched. After your order is dispatched, you can find a printable version of your invoice in Your account for eligible Amazon.co.uk orders.
Orders dispatched before 1 July 2013
Printing invoice from Your Account does not work for orders dispatched before 1 July 2013. If you need a copy of a VAT invoice for an order dispatched before this date (not for Marketplace orders), get in touch with the Amazon support.
Prime Wardrobe orders
Invoices for Prime Wardrobe orders are created when Amazon debits your credit/debit card. In order to view/print your invoice, simply go to Your Orders and select Order Details. Then select Invoice at the top right and choose Print Invoice.
If your printing problem cannot be solved with the information above, please get in touch with the Amazon support, they will assist you in this matter.